Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

September 29, 2009

This past weekend was hysterical, entertaining, loud, funny and memory filled. I had my sister and her 2 kids here, my friend and her 2 kids here, my blessings, my cousin, my aunt and my hubby. So, if you counted right, that's 6 adults and 10 kids. All in my house. :) My friend who was up here had also seen the boys back in August. (About 5 weeks after they were placed with us) She could not believe the change in them in the past 6 weeks. They look more relaxed and they are both more willing to walk away from me for more than a minute at a time. I see the change in them in little things. Like how much longer they'll both stay in the stroller or how well they behave in the car for a 15 minute drive. In thrilled they're doing so well and that it's so evident to others who don't see them often. I will be making a call to D*S*S tomorrow to let our (foster) home finder know that we are open to an adoptive placement. I've called her before but I firmly believe in overkill. :) Or maybe I know of a baby soon to be born that MIGHT need a home... MAYBE!!! :) Never hurts to call...right? I went to an appointment for Lil' Man today. He will be getting tube*s in his ears next month. Hope was there and is really under the impression that she'll be getting the boys back in November. I spoke to the caseworker yesterday and he said that there is no way the boys will be going home anytime soon since she's not working her case plan. She definitely needs to be more proactive in the hoops she needs to jump through to have them back with her. I don't understand how she can be so ignorant when it comes to how D*S*S* works and what it means to work with a caseworker. It seems she is listening to everyone BUT the caseworker. I hope this doesn't back fire on her...15 months goes pretty fast.

4 comments:

Chasing Pure Simplicity said...

Bio mom did the same thing in our case... "I'm doing everything, I love my kids, Why won't CPS give them back?" She wasn't doing anything... how is it that they don't get it?

Dawn and Dale said...

Praying for you!!! Never give up HOPE!! :o)

Leah Wentzel said...

i am so glad you had a good weekend, it brought a smile to my face. also hear in the small but noticeable differences in your boys thrilled me to. every little bit helps. S's mom is doing the same thing...doing nothing but pretending she is really trying. oh well.

debi9kids said...

UGH! It's so frustrating. I wish sometimes I could just slap these parents into reality. It's awful. (you are so right, the time flies by so quickly, except in the life of those children...)

So glad to hear they are doing so well.