Making a difference...One Starfish at a time
Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!
August 16, 2009
You'd think after a few days of no blogging I'd be back with some new and exciting news...not so much. I am still struggling with the fact that these boys are leaving but trying (desperately) to focus on helping them heal. Some days are easier than others. I have seriously thought of cleaning out the storage of little boys clothes that I have and coming to terms with the fact that it's just not God's will for us. That's a HARD pill for me to swallow...but I have no choice. I know HE has good things for me so I try (very hard) not to focus on what I DON'T have...but wholly embrace what I do have. I have seen recent pictures of Baby 'C', Felix and Daisy and it makes my heart happy to see them thriving. I take NO credit for who these little ones are today because they are ALL in loving, stable environments. It is crazy to think that Daisy only left us 3 months ago. She looks wonderful. We miss her but we are ALL sure that we made the best decision for her. Arizona and Lil' Man have started daycare. The director said they did well. Aside from when they are together...they do REALLY well. I LOVE the smiles when I go to pick them up. It gives me the break that I need while helping them adjust to being around other kids their age. It's great that the daycare has a low summer enrollment. The boys are able to get more one on one attention that they so desperately crave. Last week I had the privilege of meeting the boys' mom. For blog anonymity's sake I'll call her Hope. Only because I'm holding out much hope that a few months from now I'll be sending these boys back to her arms...for good. This will be the first time I have given a child back to their bio parent. I have tried to encourage Hope to focus on her own healing. I still see progress daily with the boys and I do have concerns that they might regress now that visits start. Time will tell. For now we focus on the upcoming events like 1st days of school and fall shopping. For those of you who know me, you KNOW how much I enjoy shopping 'BLUE'. :) More soon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
so, did the state ok their daycare or did you decide to put them in there even though you have to pay for it yourself?
i am feeling all the same emotions when it comes to S's mom. i have hope. no matter what the out come.
you already know they're going home? can you email me? this case sounds really strange-
Before you get too discouraged, my friend...Remember, you are thinking of getting your son in YOUR time. Wait. Wait on God, His timing is always best. It was 17 years that we waited for God to give me the son I prayed for. I wanted so badly to give my husband a son when we first married, but knew I was not capable...but God was.
Wait on God's timing. You wont be sorry, and you'll know it was from God.
Post a Comment