Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

July 20, 2009

Please pray. Today has been a very hard day. I am comtemplating alot and I don't like the thoughts coming from my overwhelmed head. I need peace and sanity. (and a cleaner house but that's another blog post all together...) The boys are napping and I'm waiting for a call back from their caseworker. I miss being caught up with laundry, weeding my garden and reading uninterrupted. There have been too many bruises, broken toys and ripped books in the past 2 weeks and I'm tired. Tired of trying to heal them. I KNOW I asked for this...I PRAYED for this. But they'll NEVER be MINE. I am investing my heart (x2) for the next 15 months and I'll end up with...nothing. Nothing but emptyness...again. I'm not in the "foster parents make the world a better place" kind of mood today...can you tell? PLEASE pray...

3 comments:

Bones said...

I am so sorry. I have to remind myself alot lately that His thoughts toward me are to elevate me in my relationship with Him, to bring me peace and hope and purpose. Which is not to say we don't encounter the "ugly" in life, but where we find the "good" is in Him.

Praying for you because I understand.

Just Lisa said...

I admire you so much for doing what you're doing. You're making a difference, and the sacrifice you make now will be rewarded. Hang in there!

Mrs. Breum said...

Just catching up on your blog. What a roller-coaster you've been on. Your last few lines really resonate with me today, Im' feeling the same right now w/ our 2 girls.

I'll pray for you right now-