Not sure if I mentioned about some news. I wanted to post it for memory's sake (and obviously share it with you while doing so)...
On 7-4 these boys came into care. From what I understand Owen and Arizona were placed in one home while Lil' Man was placed in a different home. I was not one of the original homes called. Let's just say (for blogging sake) that Owen and Arizona were placed with the Smiths and Lil' Man was placed with the Jones'. Well, I have no clue why my home was not called. Not only were we empty but we had asked for children specifically in this age range. My 4th of July was wonderful but I would have loved the call. The only reason I can think of is that we would not have been willing to take all 3 boys. But they were split up anyway... I digress...
The Smith family realized after about '30 hours' that Owen was too much for them to handle so they had him moved. This is the part I need you to pay attention to... Not only were WE not called (again) but they placed him through the 'therapeutic' agency because the county (supposedly) had no available beds. (Did I mention we were EMPTY??!?) So, I brought this question up to the 'therapeutic' agency's receptionist. I asked her what does a child have to display to qualify him/her as needing a therapeutic agency? She said to me..."Honey, this is a business. There are SO many times I see these kids placed to fill a bed. Some of these kids have been placed families that will not meet their needs. If I open my mouth I lose my job". So, of course, her words have been in my head. She also went on to say that some of these kids are in their agency's care due to being hard to place or large sibling groups. Children with long term fostering needs are mostly seen through this agency. Knowing all this, I am still worried about poor little Owen. While I WILL ADMIT (yes, mom) I may be over my head right now with trying to 'fix' these 2 boys...I ask myself how I would handle 3??? But I know that if it were me I would not progress nearly enough knowing my siblings were placed elsewhere. I hope it works out that we can take him this week for a few hours. I think it would do him good to see his little brothers more than once a week. These facts have really hit me hard. I guess that and the fact that I won't hold my breath waiting to hear back from the D*S*S director regarding my requested respite/daycare. I am praying that it doesn't come down to me having to move them. I will be calling again. It all comes down to the fact that I know I have alot to offer. Not only do I have a genuine desire to help them heal but I REALLY wanted some 'blue' in this house. I know that God has a plan and I'm trying hard to see the bigger picture.
His will be done in our family and in the lives of these little boys.
2 comments:
Wish I was closer - I would respite for ya once a week...
what different sides. to them this is a 9 -5 job. to us, it is our family, our life, out 24/7 reality.
i do understand how they would end up very calus to this, i think they should have to take care of some of these kids for a while, just to see what it is like.
i love when they say "you can't get too attached" have you ever had a child move into your home!?!?? have you ever had them hug you?!?!?! are you the one reading to them and putting them to bed?!?!?
they don't get it-but they aren't paid to get it-they are paid to do paper work and make phone calls.
Post a Comment