Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

July 14, 2009

The boys are napping so I figured I'd let out a few happenings around here. It was a week, Monday, that they came here. I think that they have adjusted well to our family routine and the stability of having one person around ALL the time. I'd be lying if I said it was easy. This is our first placement of toddlers and it has challenged me to keep my cool and remember where they've come from. I DO NOT feel that D*S*S has adequately prepared us for the challenges that are ahead. I was all ready to sit and blog last night about how well they are doing and they things they are achieving then...last night happened. Night time routine has been the hardest for the boys to follow. I have no clue what their mom did or how they went to sleep at night. It has been a trying experience but I think we've done ok. I have spoken to the caseworker and found out some of the things these boys possibly dealt with and it kind of makes it easier to be patient with them. Most people have 9 months to get ready for a baby...I had 2 hours to get ready for 2 toddlers. The family members that want them have had their home studies done and now we wait. Not sure how long they'll be here but we're enjoying them while we can. :)

1 comment:

Mrs. Breum said...

I can't even imagine 2 toddlers. You are amazing!