***UPDATE*** How funny is this... I hit 'publish' and the phone rang. Caller ID said it was D*S*S. It was Baby Tulip's caseworker. Just calling regarding some clothes that were left here in the laundry after Tulip was picked up. Still...ironic... I'm tempted to put the car seats and cribs in the attic...then wait again to see who calls... :) wishful thinking!
Just as I hoped...June is proving to be a 'quiet' month for us. Aside from the usual field trips and the excitement of school coming to an end...it looks peaceful. I have been looking at Baby Tulip's empty crib in my room and wondering if I should just take it down and stop waiting for the phone to ring. It seems that life would be MUCH easier that way. I have once again contemplated giving away the things I have saved knowing it would be an amazing blessing to someone but I can't bring myself to do it. I have enjoyed these past few weeks with my family but there are times when I feel someone is missing. Only time will tell what our future as a family holds... It's been 2 years that we've gone all summer without toting around a stroller or diaper bag. I have to admit...it's an easier life. Maybe God is opening my eyes to a new normal. I am open to whatever HE has. MY desires aside...I know whatever HE has for us will be worth waiting for.
Even if we never again say "6 and a high chair"...
2 comments:
I know what you mean- we have only "big" kids this summer and it's going to be so different (much easier in many ways- except more arguing, I think). It's hard not knowing what will happen. Don't pack up just yet!
That's a beautiful attitude to have about it!! I still have little Bruce's things in his room. I go in there to use the iron and the smell of that room brings back so many happy memories! You are right...leave it in God's hands and let him lead the way. You will be blessed beyond your wildest dreams!
Post a Comment