I wimped out on a family camping trip and I am now home while the rest of 'them' are THERE (hopefully) sleeping as they listen to the falling rain.
I am sitting here...
ALONE...in the house.
It's quiet.
No snoring.
No dog.
Just eerily quiet.
I keep thinking...
"Is this what I have to look forward to when they grow up and move out?"
"Is this what I have to look forward to when they grow up and move out?"
I am SO NOT looking forward to that.
I can't imagine a day that I don't smile while I listen to their night time giggles or break up an escalating argument.
I wonder what kind of mom I'd be to a boy after all these GIRLS?
I keep thinking...
How nice would it have been to hear the phone ring today.
To get the call I've been waiting for...
I'm ready.
Ready to do midnight feedings and diaper bags.
Strollers and tantrums.
Baby toys and runny noses.
That time goes so fast...I'd do it all over again.
Earlier today, I watched my husband help some kids fishing on a bridge at the lake.
They willingly gave him their rod.
He showed them how to properly use it and he was beaming as a little boy, no older than 6, took the rod and cast it out...far.
Even I was impressed.
Do we have moments like that in our future?
Am I idealizing the realities of a life with boys???
I'm sure it could never be as close to perfect as I dream...but for now...that's all I have. Dreams.
1 comment:
"Am I idealizing the realities of a life with boys???"
YES!
After 3 girls...semi-grown (do they ever really grow up?)
This boy of mine is going to kill me! Girls are all drama, boys are all...well, I don't know, BOYS.
I wouldn't trade this boy for anything...except some peace & quiet. and some potty training. Boys are hard headed and single minded. Of course, he's only 3.5, so there is hope for him still.
I guess to sum it up...boys are just different.
Post a Comment