Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

June 26, 2009

Earlier this week, I put a call in to a reputable adoption agency. (I'll give more details on the baby if we get closer to bringing him home but I can tell you this...he's already born!) :) I was under the impression that my home study for fostering would carry us through...WRONG! I called D*S*S and our adoption worker is coming next week to write up an adoption home study for us. She said it should take her a week to 10 days to get it all together so...we'll see what happens. I am completely trusting God right now. I had to put it all in His hands. As far as I know this baby has NOT yet been matched with another family. The caseworker (from the agency) that I spoke to was extremely helpful and explained that I would need to find a licensed agency that is willing to do post placement supervision. I have many more calls to make but I am willing to go the distance until God closes the door. D*S*S knows were still waiting for baby and I know it's out of my hands. God is so faithful. I have much to share regarding what I've been feeling but for now I just ask you to keep us in your prayers. It's hard not to get my hopes up but I would love to just take the drive to meet this little one and see if indeed this is 'the one'.

4 comments:

Dawn and Dale said...

WOW!! That is awesome news!!!

In BC we are not allowed to meet or even see pictures of the child before you say yes! Your decision is based solely on the proposal package (Which is a HUGE package)

When we got the proposal for Charla.... It was initially really hard for me to not have at least a picture to go with all the info that was laid out before us! We prayed lot's and by the time we said yes....it wouldn't have mattered if she had 3 eyes and one leg....she was OUR girl and I knew God had made the choice for us!! :)

I will pray for you guys!!

Bones said...

I am praying for you. What a journey of faith.

Mrs. Breum said...

wow- can't wait to hear more!

Michelle said...

I so get where you are at. Hope this one is for you.