Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

August 7, 2008

This past week has been crazy. Daisy's mom and dad did not show up for their visit last week. I have been teaching a preschool class for a local Vacation Bible Camp and I have learned one thing about myself...I am NOT a teacher. I am a firm believer in learning through play. Let's just keep it at that! I have prayed often and felt out of sorts...but I know that God has surrounded me with HIS peace for the past few days. I have made some questionable decisions and I'm hoping that I have not jeopardized our license to foster OR adopt. I know that sometimes I can make irrational decisions but I'm hoping this one won't cost me. Daisy is doing well. We bought her a walker and she is almost running! She goes in circles around the furniture and into the kitchen. She also has been repeating words like more, mama and dada. I can tell that she is settling in more. More updates soon...

No comments: