Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

July 11, 2008

Today was Daisy's 1st visit with her father. I'm not sure if she remembered him because she seemed hesitant to go to either of her 'parents'. She has had a fever for 2 days now. Maybe that could explain her attitude. She reached for me when I came to pick her up after the visit. I kind of got sick in my stomach when her father said..."we'll see you next week baby girl". From what I've heard from the foster care supervisor her father would never be a candidate for the father of the year award. Daisy is the youngest of 6 children. It's a very sad situation. Although this is the 1st child he has with Daisy's mother...the outcome does NOT look promising. Even after almost 7 weeks she is already bonding with us and looking to US for comfort. She is a sweet baby. I can imagine giving her back to what she has come from. If it comes to that I have no choice. Time will tell...

No comments: