Making a difference...One Starfish at a time
Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!
May 7, 2008
Something happened yesterday I thought was kind of neat. I went to set up an appreciation breakfast at a nearby eatery. Me, trying to be all business-like in my shorts and sweatshirt... I walked in practicing what I was going to say to 'sell' them on a breakfast buffet idea. I was stopped in my tracks by an employee who happens to be a friend of mine. After some small talk she told me she was sorry about the baby. I was kind of taken back because last I had seen her was a few weeks after he was placed with us when his future was unclear. Although we frequent this eatery, we had seen her only once when Felix was with us. So I asked her how she knew. She told me that her friend was talking about how excited she was about her grandson coming to live with her. When she realized her friends grandson was Felix she knew what had happened. She also let me know that her friend also WORKED with her. I was amazed and of course, asked how he was. She said he was doing wonderfully and he was well taken care of. She had even held him. It made my heart happy to know that he was ok. But that little glimmer of hope that he'd ever come back here...it's gone now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment