Making a difference...One Starfish at a time
Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!
May 3, 2008
So...I made a phone call to follow up on an inquiry we'd made on a 13 month old baby. (How's THAT for a run on sentence???) I was extremely discouraged when I was told that although they 'routinely' place children out of state (for adoption), this may take many months to find a family that best suits this little one. That is where I really feel the system fails these children. Here we are, a ready family. Our paperwork complete. Just waiting here. I would get on a plane in an hour if it came down to that. No, instead, this baby has to wait for the caseworker (who probably has a dozen or more children in his/her care) to gather up enough home studies. Then he/she has to narrow those home studies down to 3. At this point she gives those 3 home studies over to the adoption committee and THEY make the decision. So...again...I'll wait. (Or in obedience...BE STILL) Not that I have a choice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment