Making a difference...One Starfish at a time
Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!
January 8, 2008
OK, I guess it's time to explain my title and blog cause. As a mother of 4 I am constantly trying to retrain myself to be more organized. It's not easy. I try to remember important dates and to be prepared for them only to find myself a day away and panic sets in. I DO make effort...I just think that I thrive on chaos and I am a last minute Susie. Anyway, this blog is NOT about my kids...it's about the kids that come into my life and it's a way for me to get out some feelings about the foster care system. The whole world is like a beach full of starfish. Wherever you go there is someone whose life could be changed because of something you say or do. The children that come into my life are not of my doing. OK, well maybe a little. I have the desire and I am willing. I took the classes to become a foster parent but God does the rest. I firmly believe that HE brings the children into this house that HE feels need to be here for THIS season in my life AND theirs. (Note to self*** re-read this when you're stressed***) I lost my train of thought...oh, yeah. where ever you go you CAN make a difference. SO, here we are with a 2 week old in the house and he has an uncertain future... It would be SO easy to focus on this little 'starfish' and look at his future and feel bad for him. There is no certainty. If you think about it...NOTHING in this life is certain. IT CAN ALL BE GONE IS A SECOND. I am believing God that HIS plan for this baby is a plan for good and NOT evil. I am trusting God that HE will work things out. I am NO hero. I am loving EVERY minute of having this baby in the house. Trying VERY hard to take NOTHING for granted. When it's all over it won't matter what kind of car you drove or what your job was. Just that I made a difference in the life of a child.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment