Doodle is doing excellent. She is the hardest baby I've ever had (emotionally) but there's been so much progress that I'm so excited to see what the future holds for her. Her bio mom missed every visit from May 9 until the 2nd week in June. Now it looks like bio mom has a belly but no one at the county is allowed to ask :/ Doodle screams her head off during visits and when I pick her up she's still trying to catch her breath and her eyes are puffy. The workers will work with bio mom on how to parent during these visits. Doodle was evaluated for Early In%tervention and was found to be above average!! I'm so excited that she's THRIVING!!!
The court ordered sibling visits with her 2 year old brother. I know that they share the same bio dad but since paternity was never established they are calling then 1/2 siblings.
Big brother is placed with paternal grandma but she doesn't want Doodle. (I've heard that grandma is hoping that we adopt Doodle).
I am having a procedure done that requires a lot of recovery time and Doodle will be going to respite with a family that is pre-adoptive. I love this sweet baby and I want God's best for her but I don't think that we are included in her future. I spoke at length with the worker and we feel that it's best that she goes into respite with a family that is most likely to adopt. During the 'meet and greet' time, Doodle did exceptional with this 'stranger'. She chatted like normal and was very comfortable in her arms. I'm excited to see what the future holds. Busy next few weeks but will update as I can...
No comments:
Post a Comment