This boy had been in care only a few weeks and he'd been moved 5 times. I can't help but feel that these foster parents were not prepared for the child that was brought to them. How could 4 different families turn him away? I kept praying for this Lost Boy to find a place that would accept him for who he is and love him where he was at. My favorite agency worker called me at 4 o'clock on a Friday afternoon. The Lost Boy was in her back seat being moved again. She had no where to bring him. Could I take him...just for the weekend? There was a bed open in residential care and he would be evaluated but they were waiting on financing to come through. Please. Could I hold him just for the weekend? PLEASE?!?!
I said yes.
I picked him up in a restaurant parking lot. His eyes were searching and his hands reached out for mine. He smiled and the first thing I noticed was that every tooth in the top of his mouth was rotted and broken. Did I mention he's only 4? He climbed up into the truck and I buckled him into his booster seat. I told him about our house and introduced him to Sprout. The worker transferred all his things into my truck and told me she was on call all weekend. Call if I need ANYTHING. We were off.
I drove down the highway praying "God, I asked you to place him somewhere that he'd get what he needs. I asked you to give him someone that would love him despite his inability to express love back. I prayed for this boy to be in a home where he'd hear about you and learn of how much You love him".
I heard that still, small voice say "Look in your back seat. I did."
2 comments:
I am so happy he is there. I have been hoping cautiously that he ended up with you. Maybe you will be just what he needs. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. From our hearts to God, hun? Amazing!
pooh this gave me chills. Love love love your heart. Praying for this sweet little man and your family!
Post a Comment