Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

July 18, 2013

She can't OR she WON'T!

Today was our 2nd visit with Baby Love's g-ma.  Last week I left her with a 2 oz bottle and her feeding pump, tube and supplies. When I went to pick her up after the visit I expected her to have eaten about 30 ml's from the bottle and 35 ml's from the pump.  The dr's orders are to feed her from the bottle ONLY until she tires (around 20-30 ml's) THEN put the rest on a tube feed.  G-ma either can't or won't use the pump BUT she won't admit she doesn't know what she's doing!! Baby Love is burning too many calories drinking from the bottle but they don't want her to lose her desire or ability to suck.  Today, after the 2 hour visit, she told me again that the baby finished all of the bottle.  I already told the agency worker...now I have to figure out how to explain to g-ma what she's doing wrong!

No comments: