Making a difference...One Starfish at a time
Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!
July 12, 2013
Impromptu visit...
I forgot about the last minute visits with foster care. Yesterday afternoon at around 2:30pm the phone rang. It was the supervisor from the agency (who is under staffed and happens to also be Baby Love's agency case worker). She wanted me to bring the baby up for a visit with the bio family for 3:30. I guess they were at family court and the lawyers were fighting for a visit TODAY! I asked her if they could make it for early this morning but she called back to say that it HAD to be done yesterday. We weren't even showered!! So, I met the grandparents (only g-ma stayed for the visit) and left Baby Love for an hour. The g-parents will be working the case plan. The visit was supervised my the agency AT the county building. G-pa left right after I got there. Grandma is my age (mid to late 30's) and has a one month old of her OWN. Baby Love is her oldest daughter's daughter. Just when I thought foster care couldn't get any more Jerry Springer... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Who needs Jerry Springer when we have Foster Care? I literally laughed out loud when I read this post. I'm having flashbacks to our staffing two days ago. Monday will most likely be more of a Judge Judy episode (for us) :)
wow, you're back on the merry go round! :) After a year, I still can't bring myself to do it again. I think God has taken that desire from me.I will be praying for you. This little one will need it.
hahaha oh foster care. Glad you are doing well with the tube feeds. Miss P was tube fed for almost a year and it was quite fun dealing with those issues! Makes going out a bit trickier to plan ;)
i had to re-read the part where you said "grandma is my age (mid to late 30's) wowzers. i'm old enough to be a grandma. scary!
Post a Comment