Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

July 24, 2012

Trying hard to wrap my mind around this whole situation.  Sprout has NO relationship with his bio father.  He has spent a total of less than 2 supervised hours with him in his short 19 months.  To make the 3 hour drive (one way) then have to go all through security to sit with a virtual stranger...SO not fair.  I am kind of glad that Sprout will have no memory of having to do this.  I feel like we are close enough to the end that I can relax but far enough to make me wonder how long this is going to take.  The county had 90 days to file TP*R paperwork.  That 90 days is up August 21st.  We are so close...not sure what the process is.   I know that after the paperwork is filed there will be a court date scheduled for around 2 weeks from then.  The bio's will have the chance to surrender then.  Not sure what they're thinking right now.  The judge ordered the county to file the termination paperwork so I think it would kind of pointless for the bios' lawyers to advise them to appeal.  The case would be heard by the same judge.  I still don't know how far along bio mom is in her pregnancy or how that will affect her decision.  In the past, she has surrendered her rights to the current child in hopes to parent the new baby.  Also, still not sure who the new baby daddy is.   If you know me in real life, I am THE MOST impatient person EVER!! I am the type of person to read the last page of the book to find out how it ends.  God is most definitely refining that aspect of my life.   I am beginning to realize that I can't save them all.  I know that certain situations will be put in my path so that I can make a difference and I am made aware of others so I can pray.  This most definitely has been one incredible journey and with my sweet boy in my arms I would not change a thing.

1 comment:

MamaFoster said...

it gets very hairy toward the end, but they are only doing these things so that they can prove they tried. I kinda wish they would have told us that part during one of these crazy training classes.

i'm glad he won't remember it.