Went to a continuation of training last night (against my better judgement). I was comfortable on the couch when I was asked what time my training was....hmmm. I reluctantly got in the car. The training was on U*se, Abu*se and Addicti*on. I was suprrised at how informative it was. I actually ENJOYED it. :)
After the meeting I went over some re-cert paperwork with the agency homefind*er and asked her if they planned on leaving my 2nd crib empty for Sprout's sibling (possibly due this fall) and she proceeded to tell me about a baby that is (over) due any day. Bio mom cannot be with the baby unsupervised so the baby will be coming into care. Baby has half siblings with other relatives. I asked about Sprout's sibling and she said "well, either way we'll try to keep the siblings together". THEN, she asked me if we ever thought of taking older kids. She has a 5 year old that has been in care for 3 years. This boy was with a county family and kind of fell through the cracks (so to speak). Other families have been approached and their reasons for not taking him were because he's too old and because he's too dark (he's bi-racial). Later in the conversation she found out (from the other home finder doing the training) that the boy was not 5 he was 3 and that the family that currently has him had intended on adoptiong him but the county felt they were too old. That family switched to the agency and the agency feels the child would do better with a younger couple. So, I'm sitting here with the possiblity of a newborn or a 3 year old. I only have to make a phone call to get more info. I told you I should have stayed home from the training...
2 comments:
when it rains it pours :)
Here's some food for thought based on my (subjective) experiences. I can tell you even with sleepless nights the newborn would be easier on your family. The 3 year old will be much harder and he will be upset about leaving his current family. You have to be prepared that Sprout will get hurt (physically). Its just not something I was prepared for. When that happens it is so hard to see how small a 3 year old is when they are so big next to the "baby" of the family.
Of course if God is calling you to the 3 year old than you go in for that and all it will entail because you will get through it and you may be just the family for him.
Post a Comment