Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

April 15, 2012

I held my sweet boy last night and I truly felt the weight of him in my arms.  What is at stake here?  For me to be able to keep my boy his mother has to lose...again.  This will be her 3rd loss.  I'm sure that in a way, beyond her capability of understanding, she knows what's going on.  She knows that her actions will cause her to lose her son.  And I'm sure, in the future, she will regret the decisions she is making.  I remember a while back how hard it was to wait for him.  To wonder what it would feel like to hold him in my arms. Or to wonder if HE would ever be real or just a dream.  I don't know if I ever took the time to really think about the loss.  But to be honest, I love him.  I love the thought of him as our son and brother.  I love the thought of watching him grow up and becoming an actual part of our family.  This boys makes me smile.  I watch him play and listening to the sounds that he makes.  He is all boy!  I have been with him every day since we brought him home from the hospital.  I've watched him grow and learn.  I've rocked him through his tears and heard his laughter ringing in my ears.  He brings us so much joy and we are blessed to be a part of his life.  Like I always say, "I don't know WHAT his future holds but I know WHO holds his future!".  As hard as it is I am learning to rest in that...

2 comments:

MamaFoster said...

it is a hard job. glad he is in your arms

Casey said...

It's a bitter sweet, you want the best for the little nugget and most likely, that's remaining with you, but like you said, that means bio mom has to fail. It's sad really. I went through a similar situation with my foster son. Bio mom ended up in prision for three years, was release two years ago and truly is a changed woman. She is at our home nearly every weekend reconnecting with my little guy. Her rights were terminated, but through very hard work, she changed and now is an AMAZING woman. She advocated for women who are in a similar situation she was. I enjoy reading your blog.
Sincerely,
Casey
http://asinglefostermomsdiary.blogspot.com/