Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

April 29, 2012

After Sprout's bio mom missed her second visit this week I made a call to the lawyer we planned on retaining to represent us in court.  I explained everything to her and she asked MULTIPLE times why the county has NOT FILED a TPR!?!?  I had no answers.  The county has not even approached me in formally asking if we are in interested adoptive resource (hmm, let me think about that for a minute...YES!!!!)  She knew bio mom and her side of the family.  I explained about bio dad being in prison and she said that there IS a chance that since Sprout has been with us since birth that termination on him is a possibility.  I have been told by OCF$ that it is at the judge's discretion to terminate or not due to dad being in prison this long.  Court paperwork should be here by the 13th of May so I'll know more then but the lawyer encouraged to seek out CP$ and ask them what they plan on doing.  She also told me to call her after court.  So, for now, we did NOT have to hire her because the 'ball' is really in CP$'s court.  More as it happens...    

1 comment:

Casey said...

I've been there, it's a very emotional situation to be in. I ended up in court for almost two years before the partents finally relinquished their rights. Hang in there mom!
xoxoxo
Casey
http://asinglefostermomsdiary.blogspot.com/