Sprout is 15 months old today!!!
Sprout had a well-baby visit at the pediatrician yesterday morning. Since bio mom has been so sporadic in her visits I wondered if she'd even remember. 9am came and went so I called the agency worker to see if he was coming. I left a message on his voicemail. He called me back 15 minutes later and said that 'no', he couldn't make it due to having 3 appointments booked at the same time I also asked if he could have the c0mi$$ioner sign an approval to get Sprout's shots. End of the story is bio mom never shower up, agency worker didn't show and the county worker faxed over an approval.
On another crazy note...
Baby C was our very first placement almost 7 years ago. He went on to be adopted and I keep in touch with his adoptive family still today. A year after he left us (2008), bio mom gave birth to his full bio baby sister. CP$ took the baby when she was only 3 hours old. She went on to be adopted by the same family that adopted her brother. Early 2010 I found out that bio mom was expecting again. I found her (she is transient) and kept in touch until I heard from a friend (that owns a soup kitchen) that she miscarried a baby girl at 7 months. Not sure who she was with at that time but I DO know that Baby C's bio dad was in prison. A few days ago that same friend (that runs the soup kitchen) told me that bio mom resurfaced and she is, indeed, expecting again in May. I have mixed feelings. I know she will keep having babies until she finally gets to keep one. But at this point, there are all new people in the agency and no one will know her. There are also many new county people and she is on NO ONE'S radar. She just might have out smarted them. I do have major concerns for this baby if she brings him/her home. Baby C was a shaken baby...in public. He had many issues and delays. Her parenting abilities are less than average but she can meet basic needs. I wonder, if given an apartment and temporary assistance like Sprout's bio mom, could she possibly keep this baby? My friend contacted me as soon as she found out and I'm wondering if there's anything I can do...
2 comments:
:( sad to hear about baby C's mom...
15 MONTHS!!! when is the next hearing?
Next court is in May...
ALOT can happen between now and then!
Post a Comment