Making a difference...One Starfish at a time
Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!
February 8, 2012
A while back I adjusted the boys visit schedule to accommodate MY LIFE. It's been nice to consolidate the 2 visits into ONE day! Sprout and Lil Peanut have visits on the same day, at the same place (D$$), for (almost) the same time. Today when I dropped Sprout off his mother informed me that he 'was throwing a tantrum' last visit and hit his head and screamed. Remember, he has staples in his head from his injury last week. She told me that once she kissed his head he was fine. SO MUCH of her story just did NOT sit right with me. He doesn't throw tantrums. EVER! If he was truly injured (like the staples going into his head more) he would NOT have calmed down with 'a kiss on his boo boo'. :*( What the heck goes on when he is there??? There are so many little things that I see when he comes home. He's a bit angry, sometimes fresh and always tired...even if she says he napped. My heart breaks for the time I have to send him but I understand I have no choice. I can only pray that God protects his little body and his tender little heart while he is with her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Poor Sprout. I will keep a good thought for his safety and peace.
Thinking of all of you and little Sprout!
Post a Comment