Making a difference...One Starfish at a time
Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!
June 28, 2011
Sprout had his 6 month well baby visit yesterday. Earlier that morning he was supposed to have a visit with his bio mom as well. She never called to confirm so the visit didn't take place. I was on my way to the dr appointment wondering if she'd show for the appointment. I got there a bit early and they took us right back in. I spoke to the nurse about Sprout for a minute or two...then the agency worker knocked on the door. After a few minutes of catching up, he told me that Sprout's brother's case worker saw bio mom with some other people hanging out (literally...she had her shirt tucked into her bra) and there was most definitely a baby bump. Ahhh, well, job security. Gotta keep us foster parents working somehow... Anyway... I updated Sprout's 6 month check up in the post below and I'll be updating the other blog later today with some really RAW thoughts and maybe some pics of The Screamer and Sprout!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i'm glad she's not coming to the visits.
and totally annoyed she's pregnant again.
Hahaha oh isn't this fun. Job security is good and all, but it never ends..and I feel awful for these kids. What a life they live. Atleast most kids in the States are adoptable, the Aboriginal kids in Canada never even have a chance.
Post a Comment