Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

June 23, 2011

The Screamer did MUCH better last night :)  Thanks for asking!  I tried a few different tricks.  I let him play for quite a while before bed.  He was rolling on the floor with Sprout and talking up a storm...it was SO cute!  I fed him his cereal and bottle then let him play some more.  He DID NOT go to bed at 7:30pm like the foster mom said he would but hey...that's the deal when you put your kid in respite..right?!  Whatever works!  Then when I put him down for bed I had a white noise machine that I turned on.  He went down at 10pm and slept till 4am.  Had a diaper change and a bottle then slept again till 8am.  Ahhhh.  Sweet sleep!!! He is also very constipated.  What I thought was him screaming to be held I now think is him crying out in pain. It's only been a few days and we're still figuring each other out.  I'm sure we'll have things running perfect in time for him to leave :/ 

Beck, In our county you are allowed as many kids as your home has room for.  I know his foster mom has adopted 5 children (all ages 10 and under) and is fostering The Screamer and another boy about 18 months old.  Not sure what the rules are but The Screamer is a relative of hers so maybe since she is already certified she asked if she could foster him as a relative placement?!?!  Hope that helps!!

1 comment:

Beck G. said...

Oooh okay. So she is technically only fostering the 2??? That makes sense. Adoption is like that here too. Unfortunately because most of our kids (more than 80%) are First Nations, they are not adoptable. So most people if they are lucky keep the kids long term as foster placements.

Glad the little guy is doing better!