3 years ago this week I handed over my sweet Felix to his grandmother. My heart remembers the pain. But my arms are now full with this precious little boy that God has chosen for us to care for...for now.
Redemption.
Sprout and Felix were born days apart and now that we've almost made it through March I can take a deep breath and enjoy him more. Sprout might leave us in July. He might not. I am living as if he is my son because to honest, while he's here...he IS. But I am aware that he has a biological mother who is working a case plan so reunification can happen. I do, at times, realize that I am {in a way} counting down till I hear something about his case but I know that it is out of my control. I bought the stroller I wanted IF he was staying and it truly was an "ACCIDENTAL" purchase. Some of my friends who have met him are CONVINCED he's staying. It's not that my faith is not strong, it's just that I feel the need to guard my human heart and let God do what He wants with my willingness to be a foster parent FIRST. No, it's not easy. I am NO hero. But if I've learned ANYTHING on this journey... it is to TRUST His will for my life is PERFECT. It has taken ALOT of seeking and crying and at times, loss. But I am confident that when I look back...I will see how FAITHFUL He has been.
1 comment:
with you friend
Post a Comment