Making a difference...One Starfish at a time
Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!
November 24, 2010
I'm still waiting to hear back from the agency home finder about this baby that's due to be born next month. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited. I think it's a good thing that she gave me a month to let the thought settle in about bringing home a new baby from the hospital. It gives me time to work through my emotions and when (IF) he goes home I will have been prepared a little more than if they called me an hour after he was born asking if I wanted to foster at all. I called to ask the due date but haven't heard back yet. I have spoken to a friend of mine who is also a foster parent (for a neighboring county) and she said she knows the bio mom and gave me some info on the situation from her point of view. Only God knows what will happen and I know that this journey has been long and in my mind I think (and pray) that it's coming to an end. Maybe THIS time we'll have the opportunity to adopt and it will be the perfect situation for us... I trust Him...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It would be so great for you to have a baby in your arms...especially for Christmas! What a wonderful gift that would be!!! I'll be praying. :)
praying for you my friend!! Happiest Thanksgiving!
i will be praying that if the baby is supposed to be with you they will be. it is so hard to wait.
Post a Comment