Making a difference...One Starfish at a time
Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!
July 28, 2010
Have you ever laid in bed in the morning contemplating your day...wondering "Could THIS be THE DAY I get THE CALL???" I seem to be doing that a lot lately. Maybe because I haven't had a call in a few weeks...hmmm. I was outside with my family today sitting in the sun by the pool and thoroughly enjoying the warmth and happiness the sunshine brings thinking "I would give this freedom up in a second for the right placement". Sleeping in (or sleeping, in general, is SOOO over rated!) I am fully trusting God for clarity on which call to say 'yes' to and which to 'pass' on. They are NEVER easy decisions to make but I have seriously (finally) come to the place where I'm ok with the decisions that we've made in the past. Mostly because we've committed our path to the Lord and we're holding His hand on this incredibly emotional journey. Lord, continue to guide us and give us wisdom. Have YOUR way in our family and in our lives!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It sounds like you're in a great place! I'm so excited for the plans He has for your family!
Waiting for the call just gets to me at times....I just try to focus on praying for the child that God is leading to us next.
have a great week:)
Post a Comment