Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

June 1, 2010

What a crazy week.  Papi and Mimi were here 5 days...then Pickle came for the weekend.  I have a few days off before we do respite for Baby Tulip (who is really no longer a 'baby' but we'll keep the name anyway :)  Pickle was reunited with his bio mom today but we will have the privilege of watching him this summer.  His bio mom is a sweetie.  I am excited for her.  I am also SO proud of her.  Pickle's foster mom got a placement of a 5 month old boy the same day we got Mimi and Papi.  I gotta trust that God knows what He is doing and what we can handle.  She also said that he won't be in care long term.  I sometimes get SO frusterated without knowing the bigger picture.  Trust.  I am learning alot about what I can and can't handle.  Having Papi here really showeed me that we are truly 'baby' geared.  I feel like we've had nothing but toddlers in this house for the past 4 years and we need a break.  Mimi was wonderful.  A little lovey.  So, I can only pray that in His time, God will send us a baby that we can call our very own.  There has been no news on the possible adoption situation.  I am going to make a phone call tomorrow because the worst that can happen is I'm told no.  And it wouldn't be the 1st time...

1 comment:

Leah Wentzel said...

uggg. once i went into our agency for...something, don't remember what, and one of the placement people says to me, "what age of kids do you take? because we JUST placed a little girl eariler today..." I literally said "Don't tell me! I don't want to know!"

then, the next week i went in and happened to be there at the same time as the little girl's first visit and ended up talking to her grandma. it turned out that most likely it was a temporary situation that, for lots of reasons, i probably wouldn't have wanted to get into.

sometimes i get stuck on the age and sex of a child i hear about and think "that is exactly what i wanted!" but there are A LOT of other factors that we don't know about that God does know about. loosing another one for either of us might be what he is sparing us from.

hang in there and stick to only saying yes to what you know you want!!!