Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

June 14, 2010

I keep thinking that 'today's the day'.  I'm ok with that.  I love living life on the edge! I'm enjoying what I have and not taking anything for granted.  I spend my days enjoying my time alone, with my family and with Pickle.  He has been here most days and I leave EVERYTHING (laundry, cleaning) to be with him.  I know that if we would have adopted Baby 'C' 5 years ago I definitely would not have enjoyed him as much as I enjoy Pickle.  Let me explain.  This journey has taken us down many long and winding roads and I have learned alot about myself.  When Pickle is here we play and take walks, and do things...together.  I feel that when we finally get our boy(s) that it'll be my second 'chance'.  I love watching Pickle learn to eat with a fork and see birds flying overhead.  I love his laugh when he is outside being chased or jumping.  I think I would have taken these things for granted.  It's so obvious that God knows what we need WHEN we need it.  :) 

***For those of you who would like access too my private blog...please email me at savingthestarfish@gmail.com and tell me a little about yourself***   

2 comments:

Leah Wentzel said...

i agree and often think about the things I would not even think twice about if I wasn't always thinking about it possibly being the last or only time I would experience it with our little ones.

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, I certianly did not think that May 16 would be the day my life changed forever... and guess what?