Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

April 1, 2010

Well, this little cutie {we'll call him Pickle} is doing SO good!! We are ALL having a wonderful time.  I cannot begin to tell you how well he has adjusted.  His foster mom said he is an easy baby and she was not kidding.  He is SO easy going.  He immediately went to my hubby when we went to pick him up and has not stopped smiling since.  He went down to bed last night without a peep.  He is SOOOO tiny.  He is only 18 pounds at 14 months old.  We walks and makes TONS of sounds.  And his smile...TO DIE FOR!!!  He is in the process of transitioning home.  We is spending alot of time with his mom during the next few days.  She seems to be working her case plan and I can't see him being in care for that much longer.  I don't see that too often so I am really SO proud of her!  He is a sweet boy and I'm glad that we have this chance to be a part of his life...however short it is.  More pictures on the other blog :p

No comments: