Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

March 5, 2010

In my 5 years as a foster parent I have only seen ONE child {Buddy} reunited with their BIRTH mother. It baffles me how the system holds these kids for 15 months but I know that it does sometimes work for their benefit and call me opinionated but I think that in MOST cases...adoption is the ONLY way to keep these kids safe. Arizona and Lil' Man's mother, Hope, called today. She asked me a question about something regarding the boys. I asked her how they were doing. She informed me that they were scheduled to be HOME with HER as of April 1st. She said that they have already started over nights and unsupervised visits. I am beyond proud of her. While I DO believe that she'll have her hands full, I know that she adores her boys and is willing to get them what they need to thrive. I told her that is she needed ANYTHING...to call me. I would LOVE to be a resource for her.
I feel like a proud mama :)

No comments: