Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

March 14, 2010

I know that God has a reason for our house to be 'empty' right now. I am truly enjoying getting things done without the emotional drama that foster care brings. The dreams and plans that I have for a little boy who I have yet to meet...oh, they're still there. I am really learning to trust God more and more each day. We say that this 'walk' is like a roller coaster but no one ever mentions that we choose to ride. I know that we can be 'let off' whenever we ask. I remember the night we were called for Daisy. The excitement of a new little one in the house was more than we could handle. Shopping for diapers, bottles and clothes was fun but waking up to this precious little face was amazing. I have had enough of sleeping in and doing what I want when I want it. I'm ready to hear "you have your hands full" again. But only God truly knows what I want and what's best for me. So, for now, I'm still waiting for that phone to ring. But while I wait I am getting things done. Many are the plans in the heart of a man but it is God's will that will prevail. :)

2 comments:

Leah Wentzel said...

i feel anxious for the next call very much, like some one is missing in this house. in the mean time I am TRYING to enjoy getting things done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

The waiting can be hard but so worth it. Nothing compares to seeing God move and looking back to see his hand all over the details. Saying a prayer for you and the little one He wants to add to your family right now. :)