Making a difference...One Starfish at a time
Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!
February 21, 2010
It has been a while since we've had a call for the placement of a child. I'm actually ok with that. It's much easier to wait than to have to say no. To be honest, occasionally I DO find myself WAITING for the phone to ring. But seriously, sometimes I put the kids on the bus and go straight back to BED! My husband calls it depression...I call it using time wisely. :) Anyway, there are times that I daydream about the 'call'. But right now I'm just trying to find 'myself' again. We've had toddlers in the house for the past 4 years and it's taking a while to remember what to do with all the 'me' time. My hubby and I have many lunch dates or conversations that are uninterrupted...and times like that are PRICELESS. I have had numerous {one-sided} conversations with God about how awesome it will be when He FINALLY fills this desire. I have told numerous people about how I firmly believe that God has given me this desire to adopt and how I FIRMLY believe that HE WILL fulfill it. I have used EVERY opportunity in our adoption journey to tell people about my faith in God and how HE ALONE has brought me through the HARDEST times in my life. I think my testimony is pretty amazing. I can only wait to add to it when we finally DO adopt. Sometimes I try to 'explain' to God how HE'LL receive ALL the glory when we adopt because SO MANY people are following us on this adoption journey. I have a VERY specific list of requirements and this child {I believe} will fit PERFECTLY!!! I know that God can go above and beyond ANYTHING I can EVER imagine. I serve a BIG GOD! So, really. I'm not worried that the phone hasn't been ringing. Even if it doesn't. Ever. I'm ok. I KNOW that God has good things planned for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is such an awesome post to read!!! I believe too that he will fill the desires of your heart! :o) Seek Him fully!!! I know you are!!
Praying for you and have an extra nap for me this week will ya??!! lol ;o)
Post a Comment