Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

January 9, 2010

A week has gone by and it's scary how our family life has gotten back to a new normal. Laundry is kept up, floors are clean and dishes are done. Does that mean I can't handle more children? No, just that I'm BORED :) I think about the boys quite often...wondering if their needs are being met. I know God has a plan. We did our part. Most of the 'stock' clothes that I have for our foster babies is packed up and ready to be put away. I was going to go through everything and weed out some things but I'll wait till next week. This past week with my family was wonderful. We were able to spend one on one time with each of our children and for that I am grateful. I have been thinking about what to do regarding the blog. A while back I started a blog that I was going to use for when we adopted and from time to time I journal my thoughts on our 'adoption process' {or therein LACK OF}. I was thinking about giving you all access. If you're interested, send me an email. Savingthestarfish@gmail.com I will be making that blog private. It's a bit more about my family than foster care. I try to be very vague on this blog so I can leave it public. I am so thankful for the friends that I've made through this blog and it's not going anywhere but for right now, since we don't have a foster*child...there's not much to blog about. I am on Facebook. Drop me an email and I'll give you the info.

2 comments:

Leah Wentzel said...

we are going to have a have a talk about this "I'm going home" song you have on here. As S gets closer to going home I am not going to be able to handle it! :)

The Brothers said...

Make sure I have access to the blog!! Hang in there, sweetie!