Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

January 22, 2010

Have you ever had to make a split second decision that you KNEW you might regret...for the rest of your life??? I had to turn down a placement today. I've second guessed myself since I hung up the phone. A 4 year old boy. Removed from mom, placed with dad.
Now taken from dad and put into care. Drugs. Aut*i*sm, P*D*D...scary stuff. It sounds like it might have ended with adoption. But I'm not sure if we could handle those things. The clothes I have stocked here only go up to 3T and the toddler bed is gone. We are more ready for a baby. But I can't stop thinking of the difference I could have made. I pray that God sends this boy to a home where he will ALWAYS know that he is treasured and loved...I hate saying no but I know my limits. We couldn't handle another "Arizona" right now. I know that God has a plan and I am praying He gives me peace in this decision.

4 comments:

The Brothers said...

Remember the guidelines you prayerfully set up with your hubs. It's SO hard when they call (Thursday they got 11 new kids in from a meth bust and we had to do the same thing). When the time is right, we'll be SO glad we stuck to our guns! Way to be strong.

StarfishMom said...

Thanks Chica! I just wish I wasn't SO torn. I feel like I'm sitting here {rotting} while I could be doing SO much good. I keep thinking 'that might have been our adoption situation.' But you're right. I have a list of requirements for our next placement. The only thing that fit about this call was that he was a boy. I have been praying non- stop for this little one and I know that I was called for a reason...even if only to pray!! I know HE HAS to have something BIG up His sleeve. I am willing to wait. Thanks for the encouragement!!! :)

Leah Wentzel said...

i feel the same way every time i say no. but, after a while I am usually glad i did.

Anonymous said...

I admire you and what you are doing so much. I cannot imagine having to decide.