Making a difference...One Starfish at a time
Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!
January 29, 2010
Got a call for 2 little ones this morning. A (just) 2 year old boy and his (just) 1 year old baby sister. (12 months apart) Home finder had NO information on them. NO reason WHY they're coming into care. I asked to call her back so we could talk it over. (See!!! I'm learning!) We decided that since we really don't have any info on the situation, that maybe this wasn't the right case for us. Of course, I imagined 2 cribs, double strollers and diapers :) All of which I would GLADLY so...but then I remembered 2 little boys from not so long ago and thought of the tantrums, throwing of toys and holes in the bedroom walls. And I said "thank you anyway...but please keep us on the list". :) I am learning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
that is young :) but after the last two I can see why you said no.
yes. you'll know when it's right. ;)
It must be so hard ...... to know when to say no.
Just rememeber you are a keeper of starfish, and their is no way you would ever be able to save ALL the stars, but the ones you do help, makes all the difference. Someone once told me if you took in all the placement you were called about, what would you life look like. Stick to your guns about who is a good fit for your family, getting out of you comfort zone is not a good thing. Best of luck, thanks for visiting me again,
Kristi
you're learning. It took me 5 yrs. Your good.
Post a Comment