Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

August 4, 2009

Today, for about 15 minutes I was caught up with laundry. It's the small things in life that keep a smile on my face. :) The boys are doing well and still learning how to function in a family with rules and boundaries. I am constantly finding out tidbits of info about the boys and some things are good to know and some are not. Right now, my main focus is helping the boys adjust while keeping my family happy. Foster care is definitely NOT for the faint of heart. At times I feel like giving up but I poured my heart out to God and I know that right now THIS is the road He has chosen us to walk. For us to walk OUT of His will would be detrimental to our future. Adoption has taken a seat on the back burner for now. I am coming close to the place where I can get on my knees for the boys mom. Until now, it has been very hard for me to pray for her. Especially while I am trying to "un-do" what has been done. But I am learning that in order to help these boys heal, I need to forgive. It starts there. I am looking forward to meeting their mom. The next few months will be trying but I know that I am covered in His grace. And seriously, what's better than that??!?!?!

2 comments:

Leah Wentzel said...

nothing is better :)

debi9kids said...

Amen. Nothing better!

Some of the hardest moments are those spent un-doing the damage :(

(((HUGS)))