Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

June 30, 2009

How nice would it be to be snuggling a sweet smelling little baby right now??? Or holding the chubby hand of a sweaty little toddler while he explores the yard...
I wish I could read ahead to the end and tell you what will happen. Oh, how I wish I knew. Every day that goes by makes me trust Him a little bit more. I have asked and prayed and I guess I should just be still.

3 comments:

Mrs. Breum said...

It's hard to wait upon the Lord, particularly with things that are so dear to us!

Leah Wentzel said...

i know how you feel, I am a new reader but i have been checking in to see how your story goes.


http://benleahkobewentzel.blogspot.com

Bones said...

Our Father knows your heart. He feels every longing you feel. He is planning everything to perfection. Only His idea of perfection differs from ours. I saw a lovely pregnant woman on the beach and asked the Lord why I cannot have more children. But His plan is for me to adopt, not conceive and carry children in my womb anymore. His ways are perfect, and I am always grasping at accepting that fully. Learning to be reliant is hard.

I am praying for you. I know your heart, and I am praying.