Baby Tulip is definitely getting (visibly) more comfortable with each passing day. I see my sweet Daisy in her smiles. She 'talks' so much and LOVES eye contact. It amazes me how independent these babies are. Like they're in survival mode. Although Daisy was older she still had the same mannerisms. Tulip knows EXACTLY what she wants and is so impatient. She cries as if her life depends on it until the bottle is in her mouth. If I try to take her bottle out to burp her...she throws a tantrum. She is a sweet baby. Her smiles are constant and her personality is contagious. I can't help but sit and talk to her. She is extremely engaging. Pretty impressive for a 3 1/2 month old. It will be hard to see her go. I'm hoping to 'network' with her foster mom. Maybe we'll be able to see her again.
On a different note I realize I have not spoken much about the beginning of our foster care journey. There is a reason for this. I started this blog when we got the call for Felix. Prior to that all my posts, to a family blog I began in April of 2006, were stories and pictures of my bio AND foster children. It was password protected and I never though about privacy or anonymity. After our weekend with Tulip I will write a few posts about Baby 'C' and copy and paste from our family blog. Just to fill the time with something productive. I'm sure you are all tired of hearing me whine. I'm kind of tired of hearing it myself. :)
Maybe that will bring you up to speed on our journey.
(And get my mind off of the past few weeks that have been so difficult for me.)
No comments:
Post a Comment