Making a difference...One Starfish at a time
Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!
April 28, 2009
Change. The next few weeks will definitely be different around here. I know that in order for a tree to bloom it needs to loose it's leaves. Seasons. It seems that this season with our sweet Daisy will soon come to an end. DSS has found her a family. I am so excited for her but it is so bittersweet. Right now, to get through each day, all I can do is pray that God shows me a piece of the bigger picture. If what I'm doing will truly make a difference...it will be worth it. When Baby 'C' left us in April of 2007 the girls were too young to understand why but old enough to say goodbye. Now, here we are almost 2 years later and they're asking we why we can't keep her. The words taste like vomit coming out of my mouth but it's because we want boys. Selfish. She is a perfectly healthy baby girl without the 'right' parts. So we're giving her up. Selfish. All because I want a boy. But then the voice of reason sets in. She is not 'the one' for us. She was placed here at this point in time to get the love and sense of belonging that she needed to one day thrive WITH HER FOREVER FAMILY. We did that. There's the bigger picture. I know God's grace is on this house during this time of transition. I feel it. I know something bigger is coming. I'll wait. However long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
well, I think it's not selfish, but rather, God has not given you the desire/peace to keep Daisy because he has a family picked out for her! And what you're doing will forever have an impact on this sweet little girl. Thank you for giving your time and love to this baby for the past months.
Post a Comment