Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

January 27, 2009

To be completely honest with you...I have no clue who reads this blog. If any of you have adopted, through the foster care system or otherwise, please let me know how it worked for you, how long it took and if you'd do it again. Today we went and met with a reputable adoption agency hoping that we'd leave with some definite answers. If anything, I am even MORE discouraged than ever. I am questioning myself and my limitations. I don't know how much longer I can go on like this. I really wanted my girls to have a brother. That's why we started fostering to begin with. We have been blessed to have the opportunity to foster these babies that have come through our home and the privilege has been amazing. But knowing the 'end' of our journey through this system might leave us without a baby boy to love forever...that thought is something I can't live with. I have thought about how it would be if we stopped fostering. What would that leave us with? We started fostering with hopes of adoption. Knowing full well that one family would have to be broken to make our family complete was very hard to come to terms with. Knowing that it would be the other families actions that put their child in my home made it a bit easier. Our caseworker has not been very helpful in listening to our concerns but in all reality he doesn't work for us. Where else do I go? The agency was pretty clear that the number of children we have in our home only leaves us with the option of finding our own 'birth*mom'. We have told almost everyone we know (and some strangers) that we are hoping to adopt. I have waited almost 4 years and...NOTHING. So please, if you have had a positive foster to adopt or adoption experience...please let me know. Right now, I need all the encouragement I can get. I'm about ready to give up. :*(

2 comments:

Chasing Pure Simplicity said...

I wouldn't call our experience positive, other than the fact we have our kids, but it was worth it. The ups and downs are sometimes too much.

I know that God has a plan for you - he will find what you need - although it may be different from what you think you want.

Be open to Him, to His plans and to His loving arms

Bones said...

I am so sorry about the discouraging times. Its my first time on your blog (thanks!) and I am going more to get some background. I am so happy to know there are other FP out there. God knows. He Knows and He cares.