Making a difference...One Starfish at a time
Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!
August 27, 2008
Still no word from the adoption worker...I am trying to be patient. I have been searching waiting child lists but there's no one available that fits our 'wish list'. I really DO NOT want to disrupt the birth order in our family. I know that when the right child comes along it will just...happen. Until then... I was kind of hoping we could just change our home study and have a child placed through DSS. That way we had a chance to meet the bio parents and get a history. When Felix was placed with us we found out more info from the Dr's and others than we did from DSS. I guess that can be both good and bad when you accept a child from a neighboring county. So much to look forward to. The girls have been asking us to keep Daisy. She is wonderful but I have to keep reminding myself that we have only so much room in the car or space in the house. I know there will always be plenty of love to go around but in this case I have to be realistic. (As you can tell this is not always easy for me) I justify some actions by convincing myself that a child's well being is at stake. Realistic??? Some of the stories that I have heard about foster care haunt me. I know I can't save them all. But I can try...right?!?!?!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment