Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

July 21, 2008

Daisy took a good spill today and it left a wonderful bruise on her forehead! I made a call to the caseworker to let him know. He said it was no big deal as long as he knew PRIOR to me showing up for the visit on Friday. At least that way HE would be able to explain it to her parents if it came down to that. Ky and I had some words last night and we talked through many issues regarding adoption and our current family. The conversation left me hopeful. It really comes down to trusting that this is a God given desire to adopt and if it's HIS will we should have no worries. It was nice to actually talk things out instead of each of playing defense. To be honest, now that that part of my heart is settled...I think I should be a bit nervous each time the phone rings!

1 comment:

Chasing Pure Simplicity said...

I was so happy when our visits with E. Stone were over before he hit the walking and falling stage - one time he had a scratch at a visit with biomom, a scratch he gave himself and she said she wanted to file a report. The caseworker knew it was nothing, but still a pain to deal with!

Now that he's almost two, we get a new bruise every day it seems!