Making a difference...One Starfish at a time
Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!
June 6, 2008
I wanted to wait until I went 'private' to post this. The other day I was informed that Felix's grandfather passed away. While I am sad for him I wonder what his grandmother will do now. She has both grandchildren living with her and she was the sole provider. I know this must be a horrible time for her and my selfish side has wondered if he might find his way back here. On a better note...Daisy is doing well. She is now expecting to be fed when I hold her close and loves to be sung to. She makes WONDERFUL eye to eye contact and has really settled in. On the other hand, I would like her to be a little more 'velcro'. I am already praying for God to bless her with the family she so obviously deserves (if she won't be sent home). I also pray that her mother either get 'it' together or gives up. This baby is so vulnerable right now. I can't imagine how the next 15 months will go. It's torture knowing that we have no choice but to wait. I find my comfort in knowing that God has her here for a reason. Today is our 2nd visit. I look forward to the new parenting 'advice' her mother has for me. :) More on that later...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment