Making a difference...One Starfish at a time

Our family started fostering back in 2005. We have been blessed to love on many babies. There has been many twists and turns throughout our journey and in December of 2010 we were called for placement of a newborn baby boy. His biological mother worked a case plan for 18 months and after 23 months she surrendered her rights and we adopted 'Sprout' in December of 2012. Our faith has been tried and tested and we are still certain that God is faithful!

June 17, 2008

Daisy is doing well. I'm not sure if I posted about last weeks visit but it was cancelled due to mom being sick. I actually brought Daisy into the doctor and her mom was there. The nurses were wonderful in making sure we did not cross paths. Daisy has asthma and I am not comfortable just giving her nebulizer treatments. She sounded really congested and I wanted a doctor's opinion. The doctor just listened to her chest, gave her a treatment and sent us home with a Rx for another drug. I am extremely allergy conscious and I have asthma. I am trying to keep her as comfortable as possible. She has not been sleeping well. I don't know if it's her congestion or if she's just now comfortable enough here to be herself. I have so much to get done. The day has just started and I'm already tired. I am feeling MUCH better though. I am beginning to think that I have to let go of the thought of Felix ever coming back. As nice as it would be...it's just not going to happen. I'm trying to trust and be patient. It's not easy. We found out this weekend that Baby C is going to be a big brother in August. This will be his FULL bio sibling. He has been with his adoptive family since April 07. He was placed with us at 4 months (Dec 05) and with us for 17 months. After meeting his adoptive family I don't know if they'd be open to another placement of Baby C's baby sister. Bio parents obviously planned this baby and are VERY aware of the fact that DSS can take her away. Bio mom asked me to go into the OR with her when she has her c-section. She has always stated that she wished WE would have adopted Baby C because she thinks she would have seen him more. I think she's delusional. I'm glad he found a home. More on that later...

No comments: