THE BOY WHO LIVED AT OUR HOUSE
Was he just imagination the baby boy I held so dear?
The one who lived here at our house I remember him so clear.
I used to rock him in a chair till he was fast asleep;
And when his eyes would finally close past his crib I'd softly creep.
He only stayed a little while...he won't come here anymore,
Although I'll always wish I'd see him running through our door.
The boy who lived at our house, his smile, his angel face,
Not only was he mine awhile, now he's in God's grace.
God let me keep him for awhile that boy who lived with me,
And then He sent him off again for his grandparents to see.
And there, I pray, he knows the love he felt while he was here.
He'll know how much we cared and how we hold him oh so dear.
Then we'll meet again someday when toward Heaven I depart.
But until I see him there with God I'll just keep him forever in my heart.
~unknown~
No comments:
Post a Comment