March 28, 2008 Afternoon
Just a quick update. Felix is doing well. I'm sure he is well over 10 pounds now. He is smiling more and SO engaging. He does NOT like to be left alone and cries when he sees me walk out of his sight. He is sleeping better at night and still naps quite a bit during the day. All of us are falling in LOVE more and more every day. I look forward to his first words, steps and hugs. I don't know what the future holds for my sweet boy but he already is someone special. He has been introduced to his grandma and papa. They sure do seem to like him. After seeing them interacting with him I'm sure they will take good care of him. The thought of him leaving became VERY real yesterday after a meeting with his family. The only thought I had was "God, he's in your hands. You love him more than I EVER could. If it's in YOUR plan for him to stay...we would be forever grateful for this blessing. But if he has to go...I'm thankful for the time I had with him and I know that my hopes and dreams for a baby boy of my own will be fulfilled in YOUR time." My human mind was saying "let them see how much we love him and how well he's doing. Then they'll be at peace that he's ok and they can visit every once in a while." Reality sets in pretty quick when his family is around. It keeps me grounded that we still have a LONG way to go until he could be ours. I'll try to be patient... I have to go call the caseworker back. She left a message on my machine.
Here goes nothing... more later...
No comments:
Post a Comment